Monday, June 02, 2008

do not remove under penalty of law

so, i've got 3 tags to take care of first off. i thought about participating in barry's church manifeso, but nate said what i was going to. namely, i don't think church should have rules, other than the 2 universals. love god, and treat others how you want to be treated. enough said.

umm, let's see. i received a subversive blogger award and i was supposed to write a post about it and then link back to the original. not sure how i'm supposed to maintain subversive and anarchistic credibility by organizing and conforming in such a way...;-) since the hour on that is so late, i don't think i shall post and link back. instead i'll just say thank you for thinking of me. subverting the dominant paradigm is nothing new or special, just one more way of being like jesus...

6 word meme

(for any who missed, the point of this is to write a six word title to my memoir...)

so here we go.

it's fucking painful to obey god


and last but not least...10 random things that make me happy (not turning me into our beloved friend at a fundamental shift, i'm assuming, but rather making me feel warm and fuzzy inside....)

1. - being a smart ass! :-)
2. - listening to really agressive metal like slipknot, marilyn manson, or slayer while delivering
3. - blogging with people who behave themselves
4. - getting together with friends to play games
5. - a crock pot full of nacho cheese
6. - getting to go to Hooters with my wife
7. - playing video games during naptime
8. - sharing a moment with my wife in which we completely understand one another
9. - hearing my children laugh
10. - helping a young person have an "aha!" moment


so there you have it. now that my loose ends are tied up, we will return shortly to our regularly scheduled heresy...

5 comments:

Katherine Gunn said...

Hmm... your 6 word meme. No kidding! :-)

Dena G said...

...and THAT'S why I love hanging out with you in blog-world, my subversive friend. LOVE the meme. That pretty much sums it all up, doesn't it?

I haven't had much to say lately--life seems to have a way of just sucking the breath (and the words along with it) right out of me now and then. Sometimes I just need to sit in a quiet corner and listen. Or read, as the case may be. :-)

So, I'm here in my corner, listening, reading...trying to breathe.

Valorosa said...

3. - blogging with people who behave themselves

Shit!!

I guess that leaves me out.

:-(

Nate said...

Love the six worder.

deconstructedchristian said...

When you write that memoir I am so buying a copy :-D