Monday, July 30, 2007

your techno-savy assisstance is requested, please...



before i get back to pontificating our current day and age, i have a request from all of you out there in blogdom. if you would utilize whatever resources you use, couldyou let me know if you are able to find out any information about a town called Nimrod, MN other than this wikipedia page? if you CAN, would you please provide me the link? if you CAN'T, would you at least let me know that you tried and failed? it would be a great help and i would consider it a gem of a favor. pretty please?

i'll explain later...

8 comments:

Erin said...

What kind of info? I didn't find much - it's a pretty small place. But if you were more specific I might find something - I love net research, although I specialize in genealogy.

jON said...

i'm simply looking for ANYTHING you can find. it's a small town i'm trying to research from afar. i'm curious what info is out there to the "world at large." it's been laid on my heart and so far the info is slim. but i know different people find different things which is why i asked for help. so thanks for looking so far.

i asked for reports about NO INFO as well because this could also be a very good thing. as i said, i'm still thinking and will give a bigger picture in about a week. after i get back from going to a house-warming this weekend at my parents' first new digs in 20 years.

Dena G said...

From a deceased resident's former website, now maintained by her daughter: "Nimrod (which means hunter) has a population of 72. In the early 1900's it was a booming logging town and had grocery stores and hotels and a few restaurants but now it only has a gas station, Church and a bar."

From a statistics website: Population at last census was 75. All-white community. Median age is 48.

If I have time, I'll dig further.

Dena G said...

Sorry...I wasn't "listening" very well, was I? ;-)

www.angelfire.com/mn/nimrodhome

http://www.idcide.com/citydata/mn/nimrod.htm

jON said...

thank you dena.

Tessa said...

More information than i've been there?! WITH YOU! and it is supposed to have a high of 90 today.

Susan said...

I heard about the bridge collapse which seems to be in your part of the world. Hope all is well with you and yours.

jON said...

we're all good here in our house. thanks for the concern. pray for the ones who were affected.