Tuesday, April 03, 2007

at a time like this, i am reminded of the gaithers.


"kids under contruction"

Kids under construction -
Maybe the paint is still wet.
Kids under construction -
The Lord may not be finished yet.


We’re more than just accidents without the cause;
We’re more than just bodies and brains.
God made us on purpose; we’re part of a plan.
He cares and He knows us by name.

Now, mister, I know that I get in your way;
I’m noisy and just bug you so.
But there’s lots of questions I just have to ask
If I’m ever going to know.

Dear Jesus, please make me more patient and kind,
And help us to be more like You.
And make room for all other children of Yours,
For they are still growing up, too.

Kids under construction -
Maybe the paint is still wet.
Kids under construction -
The Lord may not be finished yet.



"i am a Promise"

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I am a promise to be anything God wants me to be.

I can go anywhere that He wants me to go
I can be anything He wants me to be
I can climb the high mountains
I can cross the wide sea
I'm a great big promise you see!

I am a promise
I am a possibility
I am a promise with a capital "P"
I am a great big bundle of potentiality
And I am learnin' to hear God's voice
And I am tryin' to make the right choice
I'm a promise to be anything God wants me to be
Anything God wants me to be!

7 comments:

Nate said...

I just checked on the Zaavanco site. I miss you guys a lot, and would love to see Zaavan again. I loved the time I got to hold him when we were playing cards and he had such a great time laughing and having fun. I have been thinking of him much more often than I used to, don't know why. I love the little guy, and you guys too. Send my love all round.

PS I believe in you Jon with all of my heart, and completely approve of you and what you do.

Wendy ftfs said...

You've brought back a fond memory ... my three year old daughter singing 'I am a promise' at the top of her lungs in the bathtub, enunciating every word perfectly... it was a wonder to behold.
She is a teacher now. She affects the lives of young adolescents on a daily basis and she teaches them to dance. It took her awhile to accept and realize the truth of God and how much He loved her, it was not a done deal just because she was born to me. A lot of hard knocks and she finally realized her need for Him and his graciousness toward her. Thanks again, Jon for bringing that memory back to me.

Hey, I thought you were sailing .... is this an email from the Dawn Treader?

jON said...

how about...a message in a bottle.

Wendy ftfs said...

Cool

Nate said...

I miss talking with you. Please call me and tell me how the fam is doin'.

Anonymous said...

Does it cost money to send emails on the iphone? And how do you send a picture from your iphone camera by text?



________________
[url=http://unlockiphone22.com]unlock iphone[/url]

Anonymous said...

I just discovered the website who discuss about
many
home based business opportunity

If you want to know more here it is
home based business
www.home-businessreviews.com