Thursday, November 02, 2006

brothers and sisters, please

your intercessions are requested. today my boss has flown out of town to meet with his boss to have a "state of the union" type meeting. and one part of that meeting is to discuss me and whether or not they want to create my dream job. so i am not asking that we pelt the throne with requests to tip the scales as i would like to see them tipped. i am simply asking for a moment of your time to ask the father that his will would be done in this situation and that the enemy would not prevail. one way or the other.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Done. :-)

Tessa said...

for sure

Jen said...

amen!

Susan said...

I suspect I'm too late to pray but I hope it was a good result.

Wendy said...

What IS the dream job in pizza land? :-)

jON said...

training. last year when i was a TGM (training general manager) i really enjoyed the T and i absolutely hated the GM. training allows me access to many young (18-25) people who are much like myself. and i really enjoy being able to teach them something solid that can help them succeed. not just the job itself, but also the work ethic as well as a whole different outlook on life and people and money. if this came through i would be able to do nothing but that full time. and that is something i would love. hopefully i'll hear something today. thanks for your prayers, please keep going. it will be a few days before things become clearer. because even if our franchisee is not interested, my supervisor and i are interested in something subversive to do the same thing on a much smaller scale.

jON said...

so far, no word. which, i assume, means that nothing has been done and no job has been created. which is okay. it makes the pressure to perform less. and i can go with my original plan of doing it anyway, but on a much smaller scale for 3 GMs who are my dear friends. and this way, we can work together and help each other out.