Thursday, March 09, 2006

when was the last time you played tic tac toe?

deep in combat
bryan
tami


and again, they were waiting for me when i got home from work. i cannot tell you how much it just makes the day melt away to enjoy yourself and connect with others and build relationships stronger and deeper. besides all of the gut busting laughter again, one of my favorite moments from this party was during the time erin and i stepped outside to have a cigarette, tami and bryan(luther) took it upon themselves to play tic tac toe. "how fun!", i thought. i couldn't remember the last time i had played, but i always recalled it being a grand time.

it is good to see them having fun together and enjoying one another. it is good to see their relationship deepening together. i am glad to have the opportunity for erin and i to be ourselves openly and honestly and thereby strengthen another couple to see the triumphs and failings and the way we celebrate each other and go about resolving conflict with each other.

keep this sunday in your prayers as my two worlds collide together in a pizza/game party at my home "church." and pray for the 20th as well as we have an 8 person party planned for that day. i pray that things would go smoothly and the spirit would be unhindered.

one of my next great undertakings is to try to plan a "sleepover" where we can play something a little more intense like monopoly or risk or some such.

TAKE OFF THE CHAINS AND CELEBRATE! THIS IS YOUR BIRTHRIGHT!


much love.

9 comments:

Herschel said...

my group of freinds just got APPLES TO APPLES and are loving it...good choice of games....

i do expect some catan to played at your gatherings as well, cuz if not, then you are cheating your attendees and your self out of true fun...

Beth said...

ooo settlers of catan... fun game. I have only played it a couple of times, but it was wicked fun when I did. You should definitely play that one :)

Wendy ftfs said...

Sensing JOY..... :-)

jON said...

this talk of catan interests me...

where does one find this world?

Herschel said...

coolstuffinc.com or amazon

Tessa said...

never heard of catan...

Apples to Apples is a great one if you have graet people to play it with.

Jon, a word of encouragement: I'm 100% PUMPED for the 12th and the 20th... so have no fear, where i go party fallows... lol thats a little bit of an exageration but u get my excitement right?

btw i found a new friend Stacy to come join. I trust u got my message about kelsey's bailing on me? no worries i will drag some able body teenager along with me that night.

Cheryl said...

ooooh Jon - if Tony Campolo would have known about Settlers of Catan he would have included a chapter about it in The Kingdom of God is a Party. I haven't Catanned for 2 weeks - withdrawal is setting in!

Anonymous said...

Tami is hot

jON said...

i'm sure bryan thanks your for your support of his choice in female company.